Which are you?
A Reactive CEO
- Sells to whomever the salesperson runs into at whatever networking event
they go to
- Waits for the phone to ring
- Works twice as hard because there is no focus
A Proactive CEO
- Identifies a detailed list of prospects
- Develops a marketing initiative to increase the likelihood that prospects have a favorable impression of the company and/or reach out to the company
- Spends more time on higher probability activities
- Enjoys higher sales at higher margins
Moving from reactive to proactive is less about having a budget and more about taking the time to craft a plan and sticking with it.